Have you purchased a home that has a very small dining room? If so, you might be looking for ideas that will utilize the small space in a beautiful way. Maybe you are even buying furniture especially for the dining room. Here are some ideas that might help you to design a unique and lovely place where you can enjoy the company of friends and family.
Start with a plan in mind. For example, look through decorating magazines to find ideas that could work in the small room. If there are museum homes in your town or city, check those out, too. You might find that you want to mix antiques with more contemporary furniture. Or, choose traditional furniture and add interest to the room by selecting a few well chosen antiques.
One idea that will utilize space well is to purchase a Victorian antique corner cabinet. If you got to go to museum homes, you more than likely saw that type of cabinet in some of the rooms.
- Choose an ornate design that has things like spindles on each end of the cabinet.
- Walnut wood or mahogany wood are both great choices that will add elegance to the dining room.
- A Victorian antique corner cabinet that has been painted turquoise or another color may add a bit of a contemporary look to your dining room.
- If you select a corner cabinet that has been hand painted, that might add an eclectic feeling to the room.
- Choose a many-tiered cabinet that will give you enough space to display collectibles.
- Do you want a cabinet that has a glass front and drawers as part of the design?
Is your small dining room next to an open space, say with an arched entryway that divides the dining room from the living room? If so, think of buying a small dining room table that has the option of adding leaves to make it larger. By doing that, you can add the leaves when you need the space for when you're having several guests.
Choose small chairs that will complement the drop leaf table and the corner cabinet. Is there enough space to have a narrow buffet table? Maybe a sofa table could be used as the buffet table.
Choose Victorian style accent pieces, too. For instance, a Victorian style chandelier would be one very good selection. When you shop for artwork, select items that have been placed in ornate gold frames. And, remember the trick or having a mirror on the wall that will give the illusion of having a larger room. If you want to know more, try visiting sites like The Chapman Collection to learn more.Share