Your office is going to be where you spend the majority of your waking hours during the weekday. As a result, you need to make sure that your office is working for you and that you feel that your office reflects your personality and needs. Here are some office decorating ideas that will allow you to make the most of your space and stay organized.
1. Make One Entire Wall a Whiteboard
They now sell whiteboard paint and whiteboard wallpaper that you can use to turn an entire wall of your office into a whiteboard. This will allow you to have a place to create large doodles and map out any work that you need to do without having to worry about space. It will also create a clean impression on one of your walls and, when it is wiped clean of any writing, create a perfect background if you need to do any video conferences.
2. Get a Desk That Won't Kill You
A large number of articles have come out recently that are very clear that sitting all day at a desk is one of the worst things that you can do for your body. As a result, you want to make sure that your desk prevents this from happening. You have a large number of choices:
- Purchase a standing desk that simply forces you to stand all day in order for it to be functional.
- Get a desk that stands over a treadmill so that you can slowly walk while you type on your computer.
- Get a desk that leans you back slightly while you are standing in order to take pressure off your legs and feet.
- Get a desk that will automatically raise and lower every twenty minutes in order to force you up and allow you to rest again.
With all of the different options on the market, there's no excuse for you to be sitting all the time.
3. Use LEGO Minifigures to Hold Your Cords
Finally, you can use LEGO mini-figures to hold your charging cords for your small electronics. Simply go to the LEGO store or go online and purchase LEGO mini-figures. The hands of these figures are the perfect size to hold the charges to your phone, tablet, or mouse. To use them, station them around your desk so that they strategically hold the different cords away from each other in their plastic hands, making it easier for you to separate the cords if you need to take them somewhere.
For more information, talk to a company that specializes in office design and furniture, like Alexander Brothers Ltd.Share